definition of zealot religious
Zealot | Definition of Zealot by Merriam-Webster
Zealot dictionary definition | zealot defined
zeal: 1 n a feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause) "he felt a kind of religious zeal " Synonyms: ardor, ardour, elan Type of: avidity, avidness, eagerness, keenness a positive feeling of wanting to push ahead with something n prompt willingness "they disliked his zeal in demonstrating his superiority" ...
ZEALOT | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
zealot meaning: 1. a person who has very strong opinions about something, and tries to make other people have them…. Learn more.
Zealot: In a Sentence – WORDS IN A SENTENCE
Definition of Zealot. one who is uncompromising and fanatical in pursuit of his ideals. Examples of Zealot in a sentence. The religious zealot was willing to break the law to follow his prophet''s orders. 🔊. When the zealot wrote his memoir, he wrote that he fought all of his wars for his god. 🔊
Who were the Zealots in the Bible? | GotQuestions
· The Zealots were members of a first-century political movement among Judean Jews who sought to overthrow the occupying Roman government. The word zealot derives from the Greek zelotes, meaning "emulator or (zealous) follower.". …
Zealots Quotes (19 quotes)
The enlightened mind knows that all is challengeable, ergo questions all and thus, learns and grows; progression. The weak and narrow mind makes its beliefs sacrosanct; fearful of challenge, their creed becomes unalterable, defended with violence. Political extremists, much like religious zealots, are the latter. They destroy what they cannot ...
glossolalia | Definition, Description, & History | Britannica
Glossolalia, utterances approximating words and speech, usually produced during states of intense religious experience. Speakers and witnesses may interpret the phenomenon as possession by a supernatural entity, conversation with divine beings, or the channeling of a divine proclamation.
zeal·ot (zĕl′ət) n. 1. a. One who is zealous, especially excessively so. b. A fanatically committed person. 2. Zealot A member of a Jewish movement of the first century ad that fought against Roman rule in Palestine as incompatible with strict monotheism. [Middle English zelote, from Latin zēlōtēs, from Greek, from zēlos, zeal.] American ...
zealot - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums. All Free.
7. A zealot is a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals. I have never seen this word used with positive connotation, but could it (without causing raised eyebrows)? For example, "Gandhi was a zealot and should …
religious zeal definition | English dictionary for ...
religious zeal definition in the English Cobuild dictionary for learners, religious zeal meaning explained, see also ''religiously'',religion'',religiosity'',relinquish'', English vocabulary
Religious zealotry, nostalgia for a more culturally "pure" America, and a frightening rhetoric that encourages violence in the name of deeply held ideals fuels white supremacists and many anti-abortionists alike. Anti-abortionists and white supremacists make common cause.
Zealot. The Greek term ze·lo·tesʹ refers to one who is zealous or enthusiastic. "Zealot" came to denote a member of a militant Jewish sect that was prominent in the first century C.E. and that fought against the Roman occupation of the Jewish homeland. Roman rule over Judea created deep religious …
Definition: a person who is fanatical about a belief or cause, often religious Synonyms: fanatic, fan, enthusiast, follower, champion, advocate, radical, supporter, devotee, partisan Antonyms: Tips: The name Zealot was used to describe a member of a group of Jewish rebels who attempted the military overthrow of Roman rule in Palestine in the 1st and 2nd centuries AD.
What is another word for "religious zeal"?
Synonyms for religious zeal include love, devotion, admiration, adoration, affection, devoutness, faith, glory, passion and respect. Find more similar words at ...
Zealot Definition and Meaning
The movement could also be called a "violent religious revolutionary" one. Josephus also speaks of "The Zealots" (first in War 4.3.9 ) as one of several Jewish revolutionary factions, one he says was a coalition of bandits and miscreants, who fought between themselves and against the Romans in the Judeo-Roman war (a.d. 66-70).
What is the opposite of zealot?
Antonyms for zealot include moderate, nonmilitant, conservative, conformist, nonfan, traditionalist, archconservative, paleoconservative, fundamentalist and ...
Zealotry is when someone takes a religious, cultural, or political belief too far, refusing to tolerate other perspectives or conflicting beliefs. People say that zealotry …
Save us from the zealots | Donne Levy
· A dictionary definition of zealot is a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious or political ideals. The word originated with …
Urban Dictionary: Linux Zealot
Somone who Zealously defends the superiority of the Linux operating system. The typical Linux Zealot hangs around a forum or IRC channel and answers questions that blatently refer to Microsoft windows with questions like "What operating system are you using?" or replies with instructions that relate to Linux. Many Linux Zealots know very little about the operation of the Linux operating system ...
Topical Bible: Zealous
1. (a.) Filled with, or characterized by, zeal; warmly engaged, or ardent, in behalf of an object. 2. (a.) Filled with religious zeal.
Zealot | Definition of Zealot at Dictionary
Zealot definition, a person who shows zeal. See more.
Zealotry Quotes (42 quotes)
Quotes tagged as "zealotry" Showing 1-30 of 42. "Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a very dangerous enemy indeed.". "From the beginning men used God to …
ZEALOT | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
zealot definition: 1. a person who has very strong opinions about something, and tries to make other people have them…. Learn more.
What is a Zealot? (with picture)
· I also have a different idea of the definition so I looked up the definition of zealot in the online dictionary. From what I understand the word zealot can be applied to anyone who is fanatical about their ideals. They could be fanatical about protecting the environment, politics, animal rights, or religion. mattnative July 26, 2009
Religionist | Definition of Religionist by Merriam-Webster
Religionist definition is - a person adhering to a religion; especially : a religious zealot. How to use religionist in a sentence.
What Does Zealous Mean? Biblical Definition Explained
· Even the zealots, a religious sect of Judaism and a militant group of violent patriots living during the time of Jesus, adopted a "zealous" name to justify and fuel their political hatred of Rome.
Zeal is the virtue that breeds the greatest amount of distrust. There are chiefly two reasons for this. One is historical, the other contemporary. We look with dark suspicion upon those Christians of yore whose zeal was unaccompanied by moderation, prudence, or even common sense. The zeal of some of the Crusaders springs to mind.
Zealot definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
· Zealot definition: If you describe someone as a zealot, you think that their views and actions are very... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
What are the zealots beliefs?
· Definition of zealot. 1 : a zealous person especially : a fanatical partisan a religious zealot. 2 capitalized : a member of a fanatical sect arising in Judea during the first century a.d. and militantly opposing the Roman domination of Palestine.
Zealot Study Guide
Zealot – The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth In Zealot, Reza sifts through centuries of mythmaking and sheds new light on one of history''s most enigmatic characters by examining Jesus through the lens of the tumultuous era in which he lived: first-century Palestine, an age awash in apocalyptic fervor. Scores of Jewish
What is a Christian zealot?
Category: religion and spirituality christianity. 4.4/5 (460 Views . 26 Votes) Definition of zealot. 1 : a zealous person especially : a fanatical partisan a religious zealot. 2 capitalized : a member of a fanatical sect arising in Judea during the first century a.d. and militantly opposing the …
9 ways Christian zealots cripple America | Salon
· 9 ways Christian zealots cripple America With Christmas nearly upon us, an examination of how religious fundamentalism holds the entire country back
Religious zeal definition and meaning | Collins English ...
· Religious zeal definition: Zeal is great enthusiasm, especially in connection with work, religion, or politics .... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
Originally the name "Ḳanna''im" or "Zealots" signified religious fanatics; and as the Talmudic traditions ascribe the rigorous laws concerning marriage with a non-Jewess (Sanh. 82a) to the Hasidæan bet din of the Hasmoneans, so probably to the Zealots of the Maccabean time are due the rabbinical laws governing the relations of Jews to ...
Religious fanaticism. Religious fanaticism is uncritical zeal or obsessive enthusiasm which is related to one''s own, or one''s group''s, devotion to a religion – a form of human fanaticism which could otherwise be expressed in one''s other involvements and participation, including employment, role, and …
Learner''s definition of ZEALOT. [count] often disapproving. : a person who has very strong feelings about something (such as religion or politics) and who wants other people to have those feelings : a zealous person. religious zealots [= fanatics] Her father is an exercise zealot. [=he is very serious about exercising] [+] more examples ...
ZEALOT Synonyms: 13 Synonyms & Antonyms for ZEALOT ...
Find 13 ways to say ZEALOT, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus , the world''s most trusted free thesaurus.
- clay push button farming
- amine for copper ores processing by froth flotation
- hatfield crusher for sale
- crusher units ££
- open and break
- crusher youga gold mine burkina mining company
- dust collector for crusher peru
- hpc series hydraulic cone crusher
- gold mining efficiency
- diatomaceous earth mines in kenya
- rare earth hydraulic cone rock crusher
- sandstone hydraulic cone fine broken machine
- bauxite processing plant equipment for iran mineral mining
- crusher gasket do rs
- colored crushed stone gautengsouth africa
- feed pellet shrimp
- enterprises crushing south africa
- indian mobile mining plants
- convert 100 tons of quarry stone into cubic metre
- lp siding lawsuit
- exclusive production and processing
- refuse compactore
- sandy rock crushing equipment
- general purpose plant
- good performance scale mining equipment supplier from canada stone
- copper flotation plant in argentina
- arabic crusher tanta egypt